The church, constructed cira 1850, was abandoned for 25 years following the construction of a new chapel adjacent and it was clear the building would not survive another generation if left in such dereliction. The parish committee secured grant money from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) and Dept of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD) to carry out conservation works to the old church and revive the old building, not as a church, but a parish community centre.
Grade B listed building; Working with public funding and large club committee
We worked closely with the Client and funding bodies. Using conservation techniques and methods to revitalise this old building. Accommodation includes: a large double height social hall, two large mezzanine levels, two large meeting rooms, refurbishment of the bell tower, stage area and associated toilets, large kitchen and site works.